Saturday, September 22, 2012

Day 266...

WICKED!!!


My mother took me to see The Music Man in the park when I was a little girl.

This was the start of my love of music and dance and stage.

Among my favourites are A Midsummer Night's Dream, Swan Lake, The Nutcracker (which I've seen more times than I can count, and it still holds me absolutely enthralled!) Mary Poppins, Cirque du Soleil, Phantom of the Opera...

Years ago, when I first read "Wicked" by Gregory Maguire, I quietly hoped to one day see the book turned into a film.

But no, even better, I learned they were making it into a musical! Which I wanted to see immediately, but...I had to wait...and wait...often just missing it on visits back to Seattle.

Long story short...I thought I was going to have to wait again...but yesterday, a co-worker approached me and said...what are you doing tomorrow at 2pm? Would you like to see Wick...

OH MY GAWD!!!!

my heart stopped. I nearly started crying. I couldn't breathe.

YES YES YES!!!!

So this afternoon I spent nearly three blissful hours entranced by the magic of Wicked.

It was beautiful! wonderful! amazing! spectacular!

I want to see it again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment