Saturday, December 15, 2012

Day 348...

My Kacicita painted these a few years ago...and because I love them (and because she threatened to paint over them and lose them forever) I took them for me.

When I moved away from Texas a few years ago, with only a carload of my possessions, (leaving the rest of my things in storage,) these paintings came with me...journeying first to Washington, then North Dakota, before finally settling with me in Louisville.

Now, nearly two years later, after living in a hotel room for 5+ months, and then a stone-walled bug infested basement apartment for another 7 months, my current, wonderful, cozy little apartment with naked walls stared back and waited patiently until I was ready to "settle in."

A few weeks ago we put up some of my sweetheart's prints. and today, I think I will find a home for these, because they don't belong in the closet.


My favourite.




No comments:

Post a Comment