Monday, April 30, 2012

Day 121 - I love...rain

the warm summer kind more than the cold winter brand.

I also love that I have a porch now, so when it's raining I can go sit outside and listen to it come down. 

and in Louisville, that's exactly what it does. it pours. drops buckets. blinding buckets that you can't see through if you're driving.  I've had to pull off the road several times, because when you can't see two feet in front of you, it's probably a good idea to just pull over until it lets up.

rain has always been soothing to me. the sound. the smell. it's refreshing and reviving. and sometimes, when it's a nice warm rain...I've been known to run out and dance around a bit.

one of my favourite memories was when Riley was about five or six years old. I was picking him up from his after school care and while I was inside it starting pouring. and I do mean POURING.

we didn't have much choice but to go out and make a run for the car - which was parked only about 10 feet from the door - I took his little hand in mine and said, "ready baby?"

we took off running, but it didn't matter. within seconds we we completely soaked.

we got in the car, both of us dripping like drowned rats and laughing hysterically.

it was like walking under a waterfall. not a dry stitch on us.

it was rather awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment