Friday, March 23, 2012

Day eighty-three - I love...Sue & Jane

I met Sue when Jane was just 7 months old, when we were both living in Southern California.  we became fast friends.

a few months after we met I moved back to Seattle. and a few months after that Sue called to say she was moving to Seattle and needed a nanny.

So I became Jane's nanny for a time.

Sue and I have both moved several times in the past 16 or so years. but we've always kept in touch. We've had many opportunities to get together for a few days here and there. catch up. and watch each other's children grow into fabulous young human beings.

About two weeks ago, my beloved friend Sue lost her precious best friend brother to a sudden heart attack. My heart broke in half.

Life is fragile.

but the people we love are always the people we love. whether here, gone, moved away, lost touch.

love is the amazing thing that keeps us bound to one another.

Sue. Jane. I love you. 

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful sentiment. It gave me goosebumps!
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete