Monday, May 21, 2012

Day 142 - I love...potential

I absolutely ADORE the movie Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium.

My friend Kathi made me watch it with her a few years ago, and I absolutely fell in love with it. it's just a sweet, feel-good movie. it's a movie about finding and reaching potential. it's about finding your spectacularness and embracing it...it's about "your life is an occasion. rise to it."

There is a scene in the movie...the normally bright RED wall has a huge, bubbled up, charcoal blemish.

The store is sad because Mr. Magorium is leaving.

The song "Colors" by Grace Potter and the Nocturnals always reminds me of that scene...the line "you want to sink into the colours on the wall, but all the while you are the brightest of them all"

now, let it be known that "Colors" is one of my favourite songs anyway...every line is poignant and soul-touching for me...but that particular line. always. makes me see the wall at the Emporium.

and makes me ask myself...if I am rising to the occasion. 



No comments:

Post a Comment