Thursday, May 31, 2012

Day 152 - I love...doors

I shot all the doors for the cover of my poetry collection, Three Thousand Doors

It was gloriously wonderful to drive around my town, stopping every now and then in various different sections in order to shoot a large variety of doors to choose from.

I had the idea in my head, how I wanted the cover to look, I just had to get the pieces of the puzzle together and then arrange them in the most aesthetically pleasing way.

 One very hot afternoon I was shooting several church doors, and stumbled upon this beautiful RED door.  
Abilene, Texas - May 2010 - keg

There is a beautiful red church door here in Louisville I plan to get out and shoot soon as well.

It was my fascination with doors which led to the title of my book, and prompted me to take those first tentative steps toward publication.

Thank you, doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment