Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Day 145 - I love...roadtrip part 1

I was on the road for a few days, so I didn't post.

Oh, I took my computer with me, but I never even took it out of my bag. never plugged it in. never turned it on.

It was kind of a nice change.

I'm so plugged in all the time. work. home. cell phone.

We're constantly accessible in our techno-driven society.

Of course, I still had my cell with me, but I really didn't use it much.

We left Louisville at 3:30 Thursday morning. We arrived in Texas at about 7 Thursday evening, and promptly pulled in to the Iron Horse Pub, where I was able to hug my best friend RED for the first time in a year and a half.

After a ridiculously long day on the road, which took us through St. Louis, Tulsa, Oklahoma City...driving along parts of Route 66 (which, by the way, ALWAYS makes me ecstatic!) we sipped on a couple beers at the pub, grabbed some dinner, and called it a night.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
oddity of the day: somewhere between OKC and The Falls, we passed a homemade lawnmower/motorcycle contraption...with a car engine!

No comments:

Post a Comment