Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day 149 - I love...roadtrip part 5

I spent Sunday evening chatting and catching up with my friend Sue and her wonderful, just-graduated, daughter, Jane (I was Jane's nanny for a year when she was a baby.) It's been about 6 years since the last time I saw them.

Jane has grown into a beautiful, funny, quick-witted, brilliant, confident young woman who will stand her ground and face any challenge that comes her way. She's pretty amazing, that girl.

She also loves to bake. (which had me at hello!) She made big fat sugar cookies for a friend of hers, and dropped in some RED food colouring because it is her friend's favourite colour.

Monday morning, we chatted a bit more over giant cups of coffee, then hit the road for the 10 hour drive home.

We stopped in Memphis to eat at Central BBQ. and decided it's a city we definitely need to return to!

We ran into a teeny bit of a downpour on the north side of Nashville (the first rain we'd seen during the entire trip,) saw a beautiful rainbow and a phenomenal sunset.

It was an exhausting "vacation" for sure, but also a much needed road tour to revive and reignite the creative fires.

Home. my kitties. my own bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment