Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day eighteen - I love...quotes

simple little lines that sum up a moment, a feeling, a memory.

I have three or four journals full of quotes I've been writing down since I was about 13. They might be lyrics from a song, part of a book I've read, a line from a poem - famous quotes, obscure quotes. or something a friend said that struck me as pure brilliance - which of course, must always be recorded.

I'd love to share all my favourites with you, but alas, that would take up pages and pages...so instead, I will share a small handful.

I believe a leaf of grass is no less than the journey work of the stars. ~ Walt Whitman

If love is blind, and god is love, and Ray Charles is blind, then god plays the piano. ~ unknown

I have an existential map. It has "you are here" written all over it. ~ Steven Wright

I like Geography best, he said, because your mountains and rivers know the secret. Pay no attention to boundaries. ~ Brian Andreas

No one can pull anyone back from anywhere. You save yourself or you remain unsaved. ~ Alice Seybold

If I love you, it must be because we have shared at some time the same imaginings, the same madness, the same stage. ~ Anais Nin

and I will stop here for now...because really, I can keep going. Perhaps I will share more in a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment