Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day twenty-five - I love...my muse

She has been uber challenging and inspirational lately. 

knocking around in my head, sometimes jumping around in my thoughts and emotions like she is on a trampoline. making me write furiously; passionately.

so much so...I'm pretty confident I'm ready to start pulling together another collection.

of course the next steps are compiling said collection, finding the title, and figuring out my publication route.

but that's all secondary. the most important thing is that I am writing. and I'm proud of what I'm writing. and I am in a place where I am ready to share more of my work. (even though the first run into publishing gave me serious panic attacks)

I WANT to put another collection out into the world. I WANT to read reviews and receive feedback. I WANT to know that my writing is reaching out and touching the people who read it.

because really, to me, the whole wonderful point of being a published poet, are those moments when someone says to me, "You said what I couldn't say. It's like you're in my head, writing my thoughts, my heart, my feelings. thank you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment