Friday, January 27, 2012

Day twenty-seven - I love...Elan

I'm not usually prone to melancholy; usually a pretty happy person, this girl.

but this past year or so has been a little tougher on me. and I've been more melancholy than I would prefer, for longer than I'd like, and more than I care to admit. 

and then there's January. "the january greys." I get them every year. it's the after holiday slump, and the long nights/short days, and the cold, and the rain, and the dreary. it's just so...ugh!

but today...today was a bright sunshine-y day...for me. it started with good news, and then more good news and generally just felt like an all-around happy kind of day. and for the first time in a long time, I felt...pretty fucking blissful, honestly. 

and then I stumbled upon this...and it just made my day that much better. I must have listened to this song at least 20 times today. It makes my insides happy...and pulls that happy to the outside...and today...I felt glow-y again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment