Sunday, January 1, 2012

Day One - I Love...Coffee

This is actually a 4-part love. This love, in no particular order:

1. This is my favourite coffee mug. When I was leaving Texas and sorting through all my possessions deciding what could go into storage and what absolutely HAD to come with me, this mug was carefully wrapped up in tissue and packed away safely into the "things that MUST come with!" box.

2. This mug, this most-important-must-have-it-with-me-mug, was a birthday gift several years ago, from one of my very best friends. (This is one of the many reasons I love this mug like I do.)

3. It's my writing mug. One of the things that makes it so special is that my darling friend thought of me the moment she saw it. It is covered in caricatures of Mary Shelley, Emily Dickinson, Jane Austen, Virginia Woolf, Sylvia Plath, and Louisa May Alcott. Great women writers; Inspiration.

4. The cup is filled with delicious hot coffee! (Need I really say more?) I have loved coffee since before I can even remember. Coffee-flavoured candies, coffee ice cream, COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE. I was a barista for a time, that was fantastic...I practically bathed in coffee during that year or so.

Thank you, Coffee, for being so delicious that I want to start each day with you.

1 comment: